- We reviewed what we learned from taking notes on left, centre, and right perspectives.
- I asked, “What patterns do you see between the beliefs” and we brainstormed your answers. See moodle for an image of the board
Lesson: The major political ideologies
- we got through notes using a power point on Communism
- Collected Personal beliefs posters
LESSON ON POLITICAL SPECTRUM:
- We took a self quiz on our political beliefs
- We took notes on Political spectrum and its origins ( see handout)
- We took notes on Left, Centre, and Rights perspectives. Homework if not done
- We reviewed our course outline
- we finished our group work from last class: “Create your own Government.”
- We filled in a sheet about what the term GOVERNMENT meant and then shared our answers
- Hw included questions about decision making styles
- We reviewed our answers about decision making styles.
- lesson on democracy ( what is it? Characteristics, and origins)
- we watched a video clip and answered some questions and reviewed the answers
- We examined the types of governments besides democracy and filled in the chart
- Introduction to Ideologies
- We looked at beliefs, values, and identity by listening to the Ramones Song “Something to Believe In.” Then we went over the beliefs assignment due next class.